FX1N-422-BD RS422 communication Board for FX1N
MITSUBISHI FX1N-422-BD:RS422 Board for FX1N PLC
The RS-422 communication board FX1N-422-BD (hereafter referred to as "422BD") is connected to the FX1S/FX1N Series PLC basic unit, and used as a connection port for a programming tool (such as the GOT Series,the ET Series,programming tool FX-10P/20P or personal computer).For example,by using the 422BD,two GOT Series units can be connected to the FX1S/FX1N Series PLC,or the GOT Series unit can be connected to a programming tool (such as FX-10P,FX-20P or personal computer).However,a programming tool can be connected to only either one between the connector built in the PLC and the connector of the 422BD.Only one function expansion board can be connected to one PLC basic unit.Accordingly,the 422BD cannot be used together with the FX1N-485-BD or the FX1N-232-BD.
Outside Dimensions and Name of Each Part
1----Mounting hole (2-f3.5)
2---- Connector for PLC
3---- Connector for RS-422 equipment (mini-DIN,8-pin type)
The top face of this connector is higher than the top face of the PLC panel cover by approximately
4--- Connector for display module FX1N-5DM or memory cassette FX1NEEPROM
Accessories:Top cover for board 1
M3 screw to mount board 2
M3 screw to fix top cover 1
Connectable Models and Cables
Make sure to turn off the power before installing the 422BD.
A) Communication board 422BD (function expansion board)
B) Connector for optional equipment
C) M3 screw to fix board (2 pieces) (offered as accessories of board)
D) Top cover for board (offered as an accessory of board)
E) M3 screw to fix top cover (offered as an accessory of board)
Note:This screw cannot be removed.
1. Plug the communication board A) in to the connector B).
2. Fix the board to the basic unit with two M3 screws C).
(Tightening torque: 0.3 to 0.6 Nm)
3. Remove the top cover of the basic unit, and attach the top cover for board D) instead.
During attachment, remove D)’ with a nipper, etc. so that the connector of the board is exposed.
4. Fix the top cover with the M3 screw E). (Tightening torque: 0.3 to 0.6 Nm)
5. When the FX1N-5DM is used also,refer to the handy manual offered with the FX1S/FX1N Series PLC main unit.
6. Only one function expansion board is available for one
FX1S/FX1N Series PLC basic unit. Never stack up two or more function expansion boards.(Even if they are stacked up,they do not function at all.)
5.1 Environmental specifications:
The environmental specifications are equivalent to those of the PLC main unit.(Refer to the manual of the PLC main unit.)
5.2 Power supply specifications:
5V DC,60 mA is supplied as the power from the PLC.
For the details,refer to the handy manual of the PLC main unit.
5.3 Performance specifications:
Cautions on Use
1) Do not perform communication setting of D8120 using a peripheral equipment or program.If such setting is performed,communication with a programming tool or the GOT Series is disabled.
2) Connect a programming tool (such as FX-10P, FX-20P and personal computer) to either one between a connector built in the PLC and the connector of the 422BD.If a programming tool is connected to the both connectors,the following may occur:
A program stored in the PLC may not match a program stored in the programming tool.If the program is changed or the set value of timers or counters are changed in this status,the program may be partially overwritten and the PLC may malfunction.
1) Make sure that the connected cables are properly connected.
2) Check connection with the PLC and the POWER LED status on the PLC main unit.
3) Make sure that the communication format is in the initial status (D8120 = K0).
Using peripheral equipment,make sure of the communication setting in parameters.If non-procedure (RS instruction) or a dedicated protocol is selected,clear the setting to "0" using peripheral equipment.
4) Make sure that RS,VRRD and VRSC instructions are not used in the program.If they are used,delete them,turn off the power of the PLC, then turn it on again.
5) If the special auxiliary relay M8070 or M8071 is ON,set it to OFF using peripheral equipment,turn off the power of the PLC,then turn it on again.
For the phone number and the fax number of Technical Consulting in the FA Division within Mitsubishi Electric Corporation and the MELSEC-F Fax Information Service,refer to the manual of the PLC main unit.
User manual: http://www.chinaplccable.com/service/fx1n-422-bd-mitsubishi-rs422-board-for-fx1n-plc-user-manual-53.html
If any problems, please feel free to contact us!
Write a ReviewTell us what you think about this item and share your opinions with other people. Please make sure your review focuses only on this item. All reviews are moderated and will be reviewed within two business days. Inappropriate reviews will not be posted.
After-sales questions and issues: Contact our Customer Service Department. (A customer representative will get back to you).
Please Sign In first if you want to later edit or manage reviews uploaded by yourself.